It was agreed that the policies and operating guidelines of the Fund will be developed by a Transitional Committee due to report back to COP 17 in Durban, South Africa in December 2011. Members of the Transitional Committee (TransCom) have been nominated according to representation guidelines agreed in Cancun – with solid representation from developing country Parties – out of 40 total members, 15 are from developed countries and 25 from developing countries. Representation from developing countries breaks down regionally:
Posts Tagged ‘Cancun’
| by Heather Coleman
fair global Climate Fund (the Fund is called the “Green Climate Fund” in the COP decision text– more on why I struggle with that term in future posts).One of Oxfam International’s key priorities was achieved at the Conference of the Parties (COP 16) in Cancun with the establishment of a
- Mining development in Haiti: A golden dream or nightmare? – Oxfam America « on Mining development in Haiti: A golden dream or nightmare?
- Can Haiti really meet a larger share of its rice demand from local farmers? on Good News from Haiti
- Christine Bader on Trust but verify: Companies assessing their own impacts on human rights?
- Brad Wilson on Tanzanian farmer to Congress: We don’t want food aid. We want reform.
- Monitoring and Evaluation NEWS » Blog Archive » Human Rights and Impact Assessment on Trust but verify: Companies assessing their own impacts on human rights?
- Central America, Mexico & Caribbean
- Central and East Africa
- Central and South Asia
- East Africa
- Horn of Africa
- North Africa & Middle East
- South America
- Southern Africa
- West Africa
agriculture aid aid effectiveness aid reform Behind the Brands biofuels budget business climate adaptation climate change congress control arms ethanol extractive industries Farm Bill food food aid food justice food prices food security foreign aid FTT G8 gas global food supply chains GROW Campaign Gulf Coast Haiti human rights hunger inequality mining Obama Obama administration oil Peru poverty President Obama Sudan transparency treaty UN United Nations USAID women
- Presidents Obama and Putin must deliver on Syria at the G8 June 14, 2013
- Oxfam welcomes European Parliament vote approving landmark oil and mining financial disclosure law June 12, 2013
- Oil, gas and mining law strongly defended by Oxfam in court June 7, 2013
- Oxfam reaction to launch of UN humanitarian appeal for Syria, the UN’s largest ever appeal June 7, 2013
- United States expected to sign Arms Trade Treaty soon June 5, 2013
- Haiti must avoid the resource curse June 4, 2013
- Oxfam calls on Exxon, Shell, BP and Chevron to withdraw support from oil industry lawsuit, 'get on transparency train' May 22, 2013
- Vulnerability to disaster highlighted in new report May 21, 2013
- Oxfam warns of health risks as summer approaches May 20, 2013
- Obama-Erdogan Meeting: Coordinated political action needed to address spiraling Syria crisis May 16, 2013